Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
Personal Highlights – April 2021
- Last month I wrote about how the weather was getting nicer and restrictions were being lifted. Unfortunately that didn’t last too long – and we’ve gone back into a lockdown. We are back in code red which means no visitors, not even in your yard. The good news is, the vaccine rollout has finally started quickening it’s pace and I am hopeful I’ll be in the next eligible group.
- My little guy turned 4 this month. Unfortunately for him, he has now had 50% of his birthdays in quarantine. We made the best of it though, he got Mcdonalds for supper, his aunt made an awesome Dinosaur cake and we had grandparents drop off presents.
- Attended my 2nd Winnipeg Whisky Club event, which featured 6 different single malt single cask expressions. The Old Pulteney 2004 single cask was by far my favourite. I didn’t enjoy this tasting as much as the last overall, but the Old Pulteney was definitely my favourite so far.
- We already had all our patio furniture out in the backyard, and I’ve been barbecuing a lot, but lately the kids have really enjoyed playing in the front yard, so I picked up this 3 piece patio set for our front stoop so we can enjoy our coffee (or cocktail) on the stoop while the kids play. I’ve also enjoyed sitting out there during the day with the laptop and working for an hour or so when it’s nice out(and th heat in the south facing backyard is too much to bear).
- Prior to the lockdown restrictions – I visited my brothers place for an outdoor bonfire and he made me a delicious old fashioned with Birch Syrup that he made from one of the Birch trees on his farm. It was delicious.
Financial Highlights for April:
- It’s been a while, but actually made some stock purchases in April. I picked up an additional 827 shares of Greenlane Renewables in my TFSA when it dipped to $1.58/share. This brings my total position to 3719 shares.
- Started a new position in Fronsac Reit. We picked up 376 shares. This will allow us to drip an additional share each month and adds $113.00 to our forward dividend income.
- Still sitting on about 30% cash in my RRSP (from the sale of my XAW shares). Waiting another couple months to see what happens before buying back in.
- Received my first ever dividend from Couche Tard. Always nice when you get your first payment from a new holding.
- Got dividends from 12 companies and 1 fund. Dripped an additional 56 shares/units.
- Portfolio (including cash position) reached another all time high! I am getting real close to a new portfolio milestone. I am less than $12,000 away from my stock portfolio reaching half a million dollars!
Passive Income Update For April 2021.
Diversified Royalty Income: $24.55 (dripped 10 shares)
Artis Reit: $41.30 (dripped 3 shares)
Plaza Reit: $31.78 (dripped 7 shares)
European Residential Reit: $7.97 (dripped 1 share)
Interrent Reit: $4.50
Telus: $57.26 (dripped 2 shares)
Algonquin Power: $191.49 (dripped 9 new shares)
Nexus Reit: 14.67 (dripped 1 share)
TFSA’s Total: $373.52
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $366.70 (dripped 11 shares)
Transcontinental: $204.08 (dripped 9 new shares)
Alimentation Couche-Tard: $52.50 (dripped 1 new share)
GoEasy Financial: $181.50
Newflyer: $59.50 (dripped 2 new shares)
RRSP Total: $864.28
Total Passive Income April 2021: $1237.80
My portfolio (including cash position) increased another 2.68% in April to a new record high: $488,296.09. I am still sitting on about 30% cash in my RRSP – which I plan on being patient with and waiting to see what happens over the coming months.
After the first quarter of 2021 I have received $4713.43 in dividend income compared to $4023.68 in 2020!
Hope you had a great April.