Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
- The month started off pretty shitty (literally) as 75% of our household caught a 24 hour stomach flu (I was the one lucky one who somehow didn’t catch it). However we ended July off with a bang! We spent the last 10 days at the cabin on a nice little vacation. Unfortunately it’s back to the real world tomorrow 😦
- We took the kids to “Boomers Funny Farm” a petting zoo/farm just north of our cabin. The kids had a great time playing with/petting the animals and going for a mini horse ride. Highly recommend it to anyone in the Winnipeg Beach/Gimli area. Here are a bunch of pics from our hour long tour of the farm:
- Got to spend a lot of time with family this month, including some cousins/aunts I haven’t seen in a while, and a whole week with my cousin who was visiting from Texas. Lots of drinks & fun times.
- My brother in law made me a wooden map/art piece of the village where our cabin is a couple of years ago for my birthday. I finally got around to hanging it up at the cabin this week while we were out on vacation:
And for no particular reason, here is my favorite pic of the month of my son Isaac….
Financial Highlights for July:
- Regular readers will know I’ve been really focusing on maxing my TFSA out this year. As of January 1st, I had $29,614 contribution room available. In the first 7 months of the year I’ve been able to contribute $20,956.46. I am hopeful by the end of the year I’ll have this maxed out. Once this is maxed out – we will focus on maxing out Amber’s(she has 50k+ room).
- In July, I contributed $1700.00 to my TFSA. I now have just $8657.54 contribution room left to max out before the end of the year!
- I didn’t make any stock purchases in July (besides dripped shares).
- Received dividends from 13 companies and 2 funds. Dripped an additional 73 shares/units (nice). Last year I dripped a total of 603 new shares. So far this year I have dripped 409 shares in the first 7 months!
Passive Income Update For July 2022.
Diversified Royalty Income: $29.62 (dripped 11 shares)
Telus: $65.35 (dripped 2 shares)
Artis Reit: $50.45 (dripped 4 shares)
Algonquin Power: $246.93 (dripped 14 shares)
European Residential Reit: $7.82 (dripped 2 share)
Power Corp: $122.27 (dripped 3 shares)
RBNK: $81.26 (dripped 3 share)
Nexus Reit: $15.47 (dripped 1 share)
Canadian NET Reit: $10.64
TFSA’s Total: $629.81
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $390.00 (dripped 10 units)
Equitable Group: $215.47 (dripped 4 shares)
GoEasy Financial: $390.39 (dripped 3 shares)
New Flyer: $36.90 (dripped 2 shares)
Alimentation Couche Tard: $66.55 (dripped 1 share)
Transcontinental: $215.10 (dripped 13 shares)
RRSP Total: $1314.41
Total Passive Income July 2022: $1944.22! *32% of this was 100% Tax Free!
2022 Portfolio Update:
Portfolio increased 4.59% to $514,403.00.
Dividends in July were up 38% YoY compared to last July!
Last year (2021) I received $14,022 in dividends. So far in 2022, I have received $9949.14. My forward 12 month dividend income is sitting at $15,180.15*.
*That doesn’t include any year end/special distributions.
I am still hoping to crack $18,000 by year end. 35% of my dividend income ($3512.44) in 2022 has been completely tax free. Last year – only 25% of my income was tax free – so it’s nice to see the focus on the TFSA has been paying off!
How was your July? I hope everyone is looking forward to a great August – I know I am – I’ll be turning THIRTY NINE in August!