Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
- Since selling the cabin, we’ve got to work on a lot of the house renovations we said we were going to do. New roof – done. New floors – done. Rip out old fireplace – done. We also picked up some new furniture. One of the last things is to get the place re-painted. We’ve started this and the whole job should be done this week!
- The kids had a school concert – it was Isaac’s first ever and they both did great.
- Holland had her first ever sleepover party at a friends house last weekend, everyone survived and had a great time!
- Took two of my oldest friends (I’ve known them since grade 1) out for their 40th birthday dinners. We went to Nola and it was great!
- We have one curling game left before the season ends – and just a couple soccer games before the winter/indoor season comes to an end. I guess spring is actually around the corner!
- My little man got glasses(photo above)! Apparently he has a slight astigmatism in one eye. He loves them so far, and sounds like the issue could correct itself.
Financial Highlights for February:
- Maxed out both TFSA’s in January! I am still sitting on some cash in the TFSA’S, and I made a couple more purchases in February:
– Added 400 shares of First National @ $38.43
– Added an additional 100 shares of Fortis @ $53.90
These 2 purchases add an additional $1186.00 to my forward annual dividend income.
- I also decided last minute (like VERY last minute, on the final day) to dump an extra $6500 into my RRSP. I know I said I was going to start investing LESS, but due to the capital gains on the cabin sale and potential tax liability, I decided this one year it would make more sense to dumb some additional money into the RRSP. I haven’t invested it yet – but will most likely just add to my position in XAW.
- Received dividends from 6 companies and funds. Dripped an additional 38 shares/units.
Dripped shares by year:
2023: 144 (so far)
- February is my lowest dividend month each year – but I was able to increase my dividends by 12% vs last February.
Passive Income Update For January 2023.
Diversified Royalty Income: $33.84 (dripped 10 shares)
Artis Reit: $52.45 (dripped 5 shares)
European Residential Reit: $23.31 (dripped 6 shares)
RBNK: $92.91 (dripped 3 shares)
Power Corp: $125.24 (dripped 3 shares)
Nexus Reit: $15.84 (dripped 1 share)
Canadian NET Reit: $10.81
TFSA’s Total: $354.40
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $402.41 (dripped 10 units)
RRSP Total: $402.41
Total Passive Income February 2023: 756.81*
*46% of this was 100% Tax Free!
2023 Portfolio Update:
Portfolio dropped slightly by 1.25% to a $602,432.18!
Dividends in February were up were up 12% YoY compared to last February!
Current forward dividend income is $17,934.00.
One thought on “February 2023 Dividend Update. Slow month…”