Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
- After going over 2+ years without catching it – few members of our family caught covid in August. Somehow I managed to avoid it, and luckily the symptoms weren’t too bad. Everyone is healed up and feeling better now!
Had an MRI on my shoulder for an injury from about 10 years ago. Still waiting on the results.
I celebrated my 39th birthday. Kept it low key, no big parties this year, but we did go see The Wizard of Oz @ Rainbow Stage. The performance was great, the kids loved it, and I’ll always have a soft spot for The Wizard of OZ because I played the Scarecrow in junior high.
- The Premier League season has started, and I’ve been waking up Saturday & Sunday mornings at 630 AM to watch. There’s been some great games already and Arsenal is top of the league! I know it’s only 5 weeks into the season, but I need to celebrate that while I can..hah
Started getting some quotes to redo our roof – as it is overdue for some new shingles. The first quote came in at $12,000, the second at $10,800 I am hoping this downward trend continues and we can get a couple more/push it below $10,000
- Out for a walk with the kids:
Financial Highlights for August:
- Regular readers will know I’ve been really focusing on maxing my TFSA out this year. As of January 1st, I had $29,614 contribution room available. In the first 8 months of the year I’ve been able to contribute $22,438.13. I am hopeful by the end of the year I’ll have this maxed out. Once this is maxed out – we will focus on maxing out Amber’s(she has 50k+ room).
- August is one of the slower months of the year for dividends, but October & December are two of the biggest so I am hoping to finish the year off real strong.
- In August, I contributed $1481.67 to my TFSA. I now have just $7175.87 contribution room left to max out before the end of the year!
- Bought 566 shares of European Residential Reit @ 3.77/share to add to my position. These shares add an additional $89.00 to my annual dividend income and allow me to drip an extra share each month.
- Received dividends from 5 companies and 2 funds. Dripped an additional 31 shares/units. Last year I dripped a total of 603 new shares. So far this year I have dripped 440 shares in the first 8 months!
Passive Income Update For August 2022.
Diversified Royalty Income: $29.82 (dripped 11 shares)
Artis Reit: $50.65 (dripped 4 shares)
European Residential Reit: $7.85(dripped 2 share)
RBNK: $81.26 (dripped 3 share)
Nexus Reit: $15.52 (dripped 1 share)
Canadian NET Reit: $10.64
TFSA’s Total: $195.74
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $392.17 (dripped 10 units)
Trailer Fund Rebate for RBC Equity Fund: $18.96
RRSP Total: $411.13
Total Passive Income August 2022: $606.87. 32% of this was 100% Tax Free!
2022 Portfolio Update:
Portfolio decreased 1.32% to $508,000.00
Dividends in August were up 17% YoY compared to last August!
Last year (2021) I received $14,022 in dividends. So far in 2022, I have received $10,556.61. My forward 12 month dividend income is sitting at $15,384.00*.
*That doesn’t include any year end/special distributions.
I am still hoping to crack $18,000 by year end. 35% of my dividend income this year has been completely tax free. Last year – only 25% of my income was tax free – so it’s nice to see the focus on the TFSA has been paying off!