Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
- The month started off pretty shitty (literally) as 75% of our household caught a 24 hour stomach flu (I was the one lucky one who somehow didn’t catch it). However we ended July off with a bang! We spent the last 10 days at the cabin on a nice little vacation. Unfortunately it’s back to the real world tomorrow 😦
- We took the kids to “Boomers Funny Farm” a petting zoo/farm just north of our cabin. The kids had a great time playing with/petting the animals and going for a mini horse ride. Highly recommend it to anyone in the Winnipeg Beach/Gimli area. Here are a bunch of pics from our hour long tour of the farm:
- Got to spend a lot of time with family this month, including some cousins/aunts I haven’t seen in a while, and a whole week with my cousin who was visiting from Texas. Lots of drinks & fun times.
- My brother in law made me a wooden map/art piece of the village where our cabin is a couple of years ago for my birthday. I finally got around to hanging it up at the cabin this week while we were out on vacation:
And for no particular reason, here is my favorite pic of the month of my son Isaac….
Financial Highlights for July:
- Regular readers will know I’ve been really focusing on maxing my TFSA out this year. As of January 1st, I had $29,614 contribution room available. In the first 7 months of the year I’ve been able to contribute $20,956.46. I am hopeful by the end of the year I’ll have this maxed out. Once this is maxed out – we will focus on maxing out Amber’s(she has 50k+ room).
- In July, I contributed $1700.00 to my TFSA. I now have just $8657.54 contribution room left to max out before the end of the year!
- I didn’t make any stock purchases in July (besides dripped shares).
- Received dividends from 13 companies and 2 funds. Dripped an additional 73 shares/units (nice). Last year I dripped a total of 603 new shares. So far this year I have dripped 409 shares in the first 7 months!
Passive Income Update For July 2022.
Diversified Royalty Income: $29.62 (dripped 11 shares)
Telus: $65.35 (dripped 2 shares)
Artis Reit: $50.45 (dripped 4 shares)
Algonquin Power: $246.93 (dripped 14 shares)
European Residential Reit: $7.82 (dripped 2 share)
Power Corp: $122.27 (dripped 3 shares)
RBNK: $81.26 (dripped 3 share)
Nexus Reit: $15.47 (dripped 1 share)
Canadian NET Reit: $10.64
TFSA’s Total: $629.81
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $390.00 (dripped 10 units)
Equitable Group: $215.47 (dripped 4 shares)
GoEasy Financial: $390.39 (dripped 3 shares)
New Flyer: $36.90 (dripped 2 shares)
Alimentation Couche Tard: $66.55 (dripped 1 share)
Transcontinental: $215.10 (dripped 13 shares)
RRSP Total: $1314.41
Total Passive Income July 2022: $1944.22! *32% of this was 100% Tax Free!
2022 Portfolio Update:
Portfolio increased 4.59% to $514,403.00.
Dividends in July were up 38% YoY compared to last July!
Last year (2021) I received $14,022 in dividends. So far in 2022, I have received $9949.14. My forward 12 month dividend income is sitting at $15,180.15*.
*That doesn’t include any year end/special distributions.
I am still hoping to crack $18,000 by year end. 35% of my dividend income ($3512.44) in 2022 has been completely tax free. Last year – only 25% of my income was tax free – so it’s nice to see the focus on the TFSA has been paying off!
How was your July? I hope everyone is looking forward to a great August – I know I am – I’ll be turning THIRTY NINE in August!
2 thoughts on “July 2022 Update – Vacation Edition. *Warning* Lots of cute animal pictures.”
great pic of Holland and the Lamma. Man that is a massive total. congrats on that. Like you we share the goal of maxing those tfsas. one is maxed now but got 12,700 left on the wifes. Heres hoping we can do it in 2022.
always love your drips man!
keep it up