Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
- May was a fun/busy month all around. My daughter (and her cousin) had their first ever dance recital in front of 500+ people(and they nailed it)! The kids have also been in swimming Mon-Thursday with dance on Friday – so the weeks have been super busy-but fun.
- I jumped on a plane and travelled for the first time since 2020. I attended a conference in New York and had a blast. The work bit was super busy and productive, but we also enjoyed some excellent dinners, lots of cocktails and even enjoyed a sip of Van Winkle 12 year (along with some other great whiskeys).
- I didn’t take a lot of pictures from the NYC trip, but here is one from a rooftop bar enjoying a Glenmorangie 18 year with some nice buildings in the background..
- Attended my Aunt’s retirement party which was a lot of fun seeing all the kids/cousins playing together.
A few other pics from the recital…
Financial Highlights for May:
- Regular readers will know I’ve been really focusing on maxing my TFSA out this year. As of January 1st, I had $29,614 contribution room available. In the first 5 months of the year I’ve been able to contribute $18,056.46. I am hopeful by the end of the year I’ll have this maxed out. Once this is maxed out – we will focus on maxing out Amber’s(she has 50k+ room).
- In April, I contributed $1133.77 to my TFSA. I have just over $11,558.00 contribution room left to max out before the end of the year.
- May continues to be one of my slowest months as far as dividends go. The good news is – it is followed by June which is usually my 2nd largest month (after December).
- Thanks to dripped shares – I am now receiving over $50/month from Artis Reit!
- Received dividends from 5 companies and 2 funds. Dripped an additional 27 shares/units. Last year I dripped a total of 603 new shares. So far this year I have dripped 267 shares in the first 5 months!
Passive Income Update For May 2022.
Diversified Royalty Income: $29.25 (dripped 10 shares)
Artis Reit: $50.05 (dripped 4 shares)
European Residential Reit: $8.09 (dripped 1 share)
RBNK: $72.17 (dripped 2 share)
Nexus Reit: $15.36 (dripped 1 share)
Canadian NET Reit: $10.64
TFSA’s Total: $185.56
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $388.78 (dripped 09 units)
RRSP Total: $388.78
Total Passive Income May 2022: $574.34. This is my first month under $600 this year – but I am still averaging over $1300/month and have 2 of my largest months still to come (June & December).
2022 Portfolio Update:
Portfolio increased slightly to $526,562.12, although I am still down about $40,000 from my all time high.
Dividends in May were up 14.34% compared to last May.
Last year (2021) I received $14,022 in dividends. So far in 2022, I have received $6731.52. My forward 12 month dividend income is sitting at $14,958.00. That doesn’t include any year end/special distributions. I am still hoping to crack $18,000 by year end. 34% of my dividend income ($2292.45) in 2022 has been completely tax free. Last year – only 25% of my income was tax free – so it’s nice to see the focus on the TFSA has been paying off!
How was your May?