Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
Personal Highlights – February 2022
- This is going to be a quick update. Not really feeling writing an update this month as everything kind of sucks in the world….but I haven’t missed one since I started, so I’ll do a quick one!
Financial Highlights for February:
- I’ve been really focusing on maxing my TFSA out this year. Very early on I never contributed to it at all – as I was only putting money into an RRSP. I have since switched my focus. As of January 1st, I had $29,614 contribution room available. In the first 2 months of the year I’ve been able to contribute $7000. I am hopeful by the end of the year I’ll have this maxed out. Once this is maxed out – we will focus on maxing out Amber’s(she has 50k+ room) and once that is done – we can start seriously looking at paying off house/early retirement. I will write a longer post on this “plan” in the coming months.
- Made 3 purchases in February! I bought the following:
– 78 Shares of Brookfield Asset Management @ $69.00
– 150 Shares of GoEasy Financial @ $155.00
– 800 Shares of XAW @ $33.98
These 3 purchases add an additional $1114.20 in dividend income.
- RBNK (Canadian Banking ETF) increased their dividend which now allows me to drip an additional share each quarter. I plan to continue to add to this position as well as Brookfield.
- Received dividends from 7 companies and 1 funds. Dripped an additional 28 shares/units. Last year I dripped a total of 603 new shares. So far this year I have dripped 114 in the first 2 months!
Passive Income Update For February 2022.
Diversified Royalty Income: $28.74 (dripped 10 shares)
Power Corp: $119.79 (dripped 2 shares)
Artis Reit: $49.60 (dripped 3 shares)
European Residential Reit: $7.80 (dripped 1 share)
RBNK: $60.61 (dripped 2 share)
Nexus Reit: $15.20 (dripped 1 share)
Canadian NET Reit: $10.64
TFSA’s Total: $292.38
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $384.76 (dripped 10 units)**
** Fun Fact ** Since I started tracking my dividends in 2015 – this fund(RBC Canadian Equity Income Fund) has paid me over $25,000 in dividends (all reinvested into new shares)!
RRSP Total: $384.76
Total Passive Income February 2022: $677.14
2022 Portfolio Update:
Portfolio increase 2.15% to $542,194.00!
Dividends in February were up 16% YoY. Last year I received 14,022 in dividends. My forward 12 month dividend income is sitting at $14,361.02. That doesn’t include any year end/special distributions. I am hoping to get close to $18,000 by year end.
Here is my updated list of all holdings after my 3 new purchases:
|Symbol||Name||Shares||Annual Div||Yearly Income||Account|
|AQN||Algonquin Power & Utilities||1036||$0.88||$911.68||J TFSA|
|ATD.B||Couche Tard||604||0.44||$265.76||J RRSP|
|AX.UN||Artis REIT||995||$0.60||$597.00||J TFSA|
|BAM.A||Brookfield Asset||78||$0.71||$55.38||J TFSA|
|CHR||Chorus Aviation||931||$0.00||$0.00||A TFSA|
|CWB||Canadian Western Bank||1||$1.16||$1.16||J TFSA|
|DIV||Diversified Royalty Income||1578||$0.22||$347.16||J TFSA|
|ERE.UN||European Residential Reit||590||$0.16||$94.40||J TFSA|
|EQB||Equitable Group||541||$1.12||$605.92||J RRSP|
|NET.UN||Canadian Net REIT (fronsac)||376||$0.34||$127.20||A TFSA|
|GSY||Go EASY||427||$3.64||$1,554.28||J RRSP|
|GRN.V||Greenlane Renewables||3719||$0.00||$0.00||J TFSA|
|GRN.V||Greenlane Renewables||20000||$0.00||$0.00||J RRSP|
|ITP||Intertape Polymer Group||275||$0.85||$234.03||A TFSA|
|ITP||Intertape Polymer Group||500||$0.85||$425.50||JRRSP|
|NFI||New Flyer Indiustries||693||$0.85||$589.05||J RRSP|
|NXR.UN||Nexus Reit||285||0.64||$182.40||A TFSA|
|RBNK||RBC CAD Bank Index||713||$0.96||$684.48||J TFSA|
|POW||Power Corp Of Canada||244||$1.98||$483.12||J TFSA|
|RBC MF||RBC US INDEX FUND||1242||$0.20||$248.40||A RRSP|
|RBF591||CA Equity Income Fund||3717.539||$1.24||$4,617.18||J RRSP|
|TCL.A||Transcontinental inc||944||$0.90||$849.60||J RRSP|
|WEF||Western Forest Products||2091||$0.04||$83.64||J TFSA|
|XAW||ISHARES ETF||838||$0.60||$502.80||J RRSP|
|Total||Updated Feb 2022||$14,361.02|