Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
Personal Highlights – January 2022
- A new year is upon us – though not much to celebrate yet. We are all still muddling our way through this pandemic. I’ve said it before – but it SEEMS like there might actually be some light at the end of the tunnel. Vaccination rates are high in Canada – and the Omicron wave seems to have peaked. The next few weeks should give us a good idea on if this may actually be the start of the end.
- I finally got a family doctor – which is great – but he’s already finding a ton of things wrong with me….haha. I’ve got upcoming appointments with a cardiologist, nerve specialist and I started physio for back pain…getting old sucks people let me tell ya (and I’m not even that old).
- Life is getting a lot busier. Monday – our daughter has swimming, Tuesday both kids play soccer (I coach) and then I play soccer, Wednesday the wife is curling, Thursday daughter is skating – and then it’s the weekend. Thank god for grandma’s and sleepovers!
- Canada went 3-0 in World Cup Qualifying in this window, beating Honduras, USA & El Salvador. We are basically guaranteed to make the World Cup in Qatar now – and the boys are on fire. The “EloRankings” which is considered more accurate than the Fifa rankings now has us at 21st in the world (ahead of the USA)! Amazing times to be a Canadian soccer fan.
- Bruno (the dog) is now 8 months old – and already weighs over 70 pounds. He is adapting “fairly” well to things, but we do spend about 3 hours a day chasing him because he is chewing something he shouldn’t be….
- Had my brother over for a random whisky tasting. Here is how we ranked them…
Financial Highlights for January:
- Increased my bi-weekly contribution amounts into TFSA(s). I still have lots of contribution room – but hoping to get it maxed by end of year.
- Redeemed some RBC Rewards points for an additional $250 deposited into my TFSA.
- Received year end distributions from $RBNK & Artis Reit.
- Paid dividends from 11 companies and 2 funds. Dripped an additional 86 shares/units. Last year I dripped a total of 603 new shares.
- Canadian Net Reit announced a 13.3% dividend increase!
- Highest ever TAX FREE Dividend month ($799.26)
Passive Income Update For January 2022.
Diversified Royalty Income: $28.56 (dripped 10 shares)
Telus: $62.21 (dripped 2 shares)
Artis Reit: $308.16* (dripped 25 shares) *Special distribution
Artis Reit: $48.15* (dripped 4 shares) *Regular distribution
Canadian Western Bank: $0.30
European Residential Reit: $7.73 (dripped 1 share)
Algonquin Power: $217.33 (dripped 13 shares)
RBNK: $49.77 (dripped 1 share) Regular dividend
RBNK: $51.26* (dripped 1 share) *Special dividend
Nexus Reit: $15.42 (dripped 1 share)
Canadian NET Reit: $10.64
TFSA’s Total: $799.26
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $383.68 (dripped 10 units)
GoEasy Financial: $182.16 (dripped 1 share)
New Flyer Industries: $145.78 (dripped 7 shares)
Transcontinental: $210.15 (dripped 10 shares)
RRSP Total: $2882.57
Total Passive Income January 2022: $1751.87
2022 Portfolio Update:
Portfolio decreased -1.78% to $531,493.52
I started off the new year fairly strong, with $1751.87 in dividends. This is actually a decrease from last January – but that is because last year I was paid $1181 from XAW (which I have since sold). My forward 12 month dividend income is sitting at $12,640.20. That doesn’t include any year end/special distributions – and I am confident/hopeful I will easily pass $15,000 in distributions this year.
I didn’t make any purchases in January, although I am sitting on about 12% cash in my RRSP, and 5% cash in my TFSA. The companies/funds at the top of my watchlist continue to be:
– Equitable Group
Starting off the year – here are my current holdings. I plan to revisit this at the end of the year.
|Symbol||Name||Shares||Annual Div||Yearly Income|
|AQN||Algonquin Power & Utilities||1036||$0.88||$911.68|
|Cash||Cash in RRSP||50,000||$0.00||$0.00|
|CWB||Canadian Western Bank||1||$1.16||$1.16|
|DIV||Diversified Royalty Income||1568||$0.22||$344.96|
|ERE.UN||European Residential Reit||590||$0.16||$94.40|
|NET.UN||Canadian Net REIT (fronsac)||376||$0.30||$112.80|
|ITP||Intertape Polymer Group||275||$0.85||$234.03|
|ITP||Intertape Polymer Group||500||$0.85||$425.50|
|NFI||New Flyer Indiustries||686||$0.85||$583.10|
|RBNK||RBC CAD Bank Index||713||$0.84||$598.92|
|POW||Power Corp Of Canada||244||$1.98||$483.12|
|RBC MF||RBC US INDEX FUND||1225||$0.20||$245.00|
|RBF591||CA Equity Income Fund||3696||$1.24||$4,590.43|
|WEF||Western Forest Products||2091||$0.04||$83.64|
|Total||Updated Jan 2022||$12,640.20|
One thought on “January Update: Dividends, Drips and Dogs”
great stuff man. should be an interesting year.
nice that sports are opening back up, like you we will be pretty busy once again.
soccer scouts dance class and ninja warrior
you were definately bang on with artis its done very well.
keep it up cheers
LikeLiked by 1 person