Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
Personal Highlights – December 2021
- Today 2021 will come to and end. We will begin 2022 much the same as we started 2021. On the verge of a lockdown, so much uncertainty, and still no clear end in sight. Luckily the high vaccination rates and the seemingly less severe omicron are keeping hospitalizations and deaths “low”, and we will continue to hope this will be the 4th and final wave…
- We celebrated my mom’s 65th Birthday earlier this month, with a nice dinner at Cibo (one of my favourite restaurants here in Winnipeg).
- We had a small – but nice company Christmas party, which consisted of cocktails, a nice steak & lobster dinner, wine, more cocktails and whiskey – followed by a stay at the Fort Garry Hotel.
- Went on a Sleigh Ride, attended and hosted multiple Christmas parties, enjoyed watching the kids get absolutely spoiled on Christmas (as usual), and took a bit of time off to relax. On Christmas eve I finally opened up one of my bottles of George T Stagg to share with family and it did not disappoint!
Virtually attended the last Whiskey tasting of the year with the Winnipeg Whiskey Club.
- Tonight is New Years Eve – and we are planning a small get together with friends and family within our bubble.Happy New Year from the Maas Clan!
Financial Highlights for December:
- Added 77 Shares of Manulife @ $23.29
- Added 57 Shares of Manulife @ $22.99
- Added 110 shares of Artis Reit @ $11.12
- Added 400 shares of Equitable Group @ $69.85
- Added 140 shares of Equitable Group @ $65.62
- Closed position in Interrent Reit.
- Still sitting on about 10% cash in my RRSP.
- Received a few year end distributions/special distributions including: $2431.08 from the RBC Canadian Equity Income Fund, $201.07 from the RBC US Index Fund.
- Dividends from 8 companies and 3 funds. Dripped an additional 104 shares/units. This year I DRIPPED a total of 603 new shares!
- Finished the year with $13,379.39 in dividends! . Last year I finished with $10,822.00. A pretty nice improvement, especially considering I am still sitting on 10% cash in my RRSP. January should start strong as well with a special distribution from Artis Reit & RBNK year end payment.
- $3494.34 of my yearly dividend income (26.12%) is held in a TFSA & is completely tax free.
- December 2021 was my highest dividend month of all time with $2989.23 received in dividends!
- Portfolio(including cash) also hit a new all time high of $541,138.13!
Passive Income Update For December 2021.
Diversified Royalty Income: $28.37 (dripped 10 shares)
Artis Reit: $42.50 (dripped 3 shares)
Western Forest: $20.81 (dripped 10 shares)
European Residential Reit: $7.76 (dripped 1 share)
RBNK:49.70 (dripped 1 share)
Manulife: $116.82 (dripped 4 shares)
Nexus Reit: $15.09 (dripped 1 share)
Canadian NET Reit: $9.40
Intertape Polymer: $60.39
TFSA’s Total: $350.84
RBC US INDEX FUND: $201.37 (dripped 5.432 units)
Alimentation Couche Tard: $66.33 (dripped 1 share)
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $2431.08 (dripped 68.14 units)
Equitable Group: $74.00 (dripped 1 share)
Intertape Polymer Group: 109.79
RRSP Total: $2882.57
Total Passive Income December 2021: $3233.41
2021 Portfolio Update:
Portfolio increased 4.5% to $541,138.13 (a new record high)!
Since selling most of my position in XAW about a year, I’ve put a lot of that money to work buying the following:
– 600 shares of Couche Tard @ $36.00
– 540 shares of Equitable Group around $65-$69
– 500 Shares of Intertape Polymer Group @ $25-26
-20,000 shares of Greenlane Renewables @ $1.40
I am still sitting on about 50k in cash and will continue to look for value to deploy that in the coming year.
To end out the year, here is a quick visual of my Yearly Dividend Income & Portfolio Growth since I began tracking in 2015: