Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
Personal Highlights – October 2021
- The year is flying by – I cannot believe it’s November already. October was busy…
– Did our annual dynasty hockey draft. I am currently sitting in 1st place (thanks Mcdavid)
– Watched Canada play a couple World Cup Qualifying games – they continue to look good and are currently sitting in a good spot going into the next window.
– Went to my first concert since the pandemic started. I saw Propagandhi (which was also the last band I saw pre covid)!
– Went to a couple Thanksgiving dinner/events and hosted a small dinner at our place.
– My soccer season started – I lasted a game and a half before pulling my calf…so not sure how long I’ll be out of commission for:(
– Took the kids trick or treating – they had a blast – and have spent every day since going through, organizing and trading candy with each other.
The kids & wife have both been sick for the last couple of weeks. They got covid tested, and luckily they came back negative.
- Bruno (the new dog) continues to get used to us, and continues to grow like crazy. He just turned 5 months and is already 50 pounds.
Financial Highlights for October:
- I didn’t make any stock purchases in October – but continued bi-weekly contributions to TFSA & Spousal RRSP.
- Still sitting on about 20% cash in my RRSP.
- 4.7% dividend increase for Diversified Royalty!
- Got dividends from 13 companies and 1 funds. Dripped an additional 52 shares/units.
- Since January 1st of 2021, I have received $9752.69 in dividends. 30.1% of that income is completley tax free. My goal is to get that % higher as I continue to work towards maxing out the TFSA’s.
- My portfolio has lots of exciting earnings coming up this month including: Artis Reit, Western Forest, Greenlane Renewables, GoEasy, New Flyer & Manulife!
Passive Income Update For October 2021.
Diversified Royalty Income: $26.78 (dripped 9 shares)
Telus: $59.45 (dripped 2 shares)
Algonquin Power: $212.37(dripped 12 shares)
Artis Reit: $42.20 (dripped 3 shares)
European Residential Reit: $7.72 (dripped 1 share)
RBNK: $30.56(dripped 1 share)
Interrent Reit: $4.50
Nexus Reit: $14.99 (dripped 1 share)
Canadian NET Reit: $9.40
TFSA’s Total: $467.06
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $373.39 (dripped 10 shares)
GoEasy Financial: $182.16
New Flyer $60.35 (dripped 2 shares)
Transcontinental $207.90 (dripped 10 shares)
Alimentation Couch Tard: $52.68 (dripped 1 share)
RRSP Total: $876.48
Total Passive Income October 2021: $1,343.54
Portfolio increased 2.31% to $538,607.32 I continue to keep an eye on my watchlist to add to my RRSP. The stocks I am currently watching are: Equitable Group, Brookfield Asset Management, Visa, Disney & XAW. First National dipped quite a bit so I have added this to my watchlist as well. I am also looking to add to my positions in Manulife and RBNK.
Current Forward 12 month dividend income sits at: $10,793.89.