Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
Personal Highlights – July 2021
- Things are slowly opening up here in Winnipeg. Masks are no longer required in most places – restrictions on gatherings have been lifted and case counts are way down. I’ve been to a couple of restaurants for the first time in what seems like a decade, and have been able to see a few people in person again- it feels good – but also still feels weird.
- It’s been a hell of a month for Canadian Soccer. The women just won gold at the olympics and the men just about took Mexico to extra time in the Gold Cup Semi Final. I am beyond excited for the upcoming World Cup Qualifying games in September.
- We had our first little harvest from our garden (and by “we” I of course mean Amber):
- With things opening up a bit more we took the kids out to a couple of restaurants and also made it to the zoo! There is a farm/petting zoo just north of our cabin we are hoping to make it to this month while we are on holidays too. Wife & Kids at the zoo (animatronic dinosaurs):
- We’ve been doing homemade pizza night about once a month lately – and honestly….it’s damn good. My favorite so far is spicy sausage, corn, spinach, peppers and garlic (pictured below):
Financial Highlights for July:
- Lots of positive news on the earnings front. CAE reported strong results, Intertape Polymer had great results PLUS a dividend increase, GoEasy continues to kill it, and Western Forest & New Flyer were both positive too.
- Added 100 shares of Manulife to TFSA
- Sold entire position of Plaza Reit to purchase RBNK
- Spousal RRSP which was opened about 3 years ago cracked $40,000 for first time!
- Still sitting on about 20% cash in my RRSP.
- Got dividends from 14 companies and 2 funds. Dripped an additional 52 shares/units.
- Greenlane Renewables has had a nice run this week – earnings are tomorrow so very interested to see how they look & if they will be profitable.
- Another all time portfolio high. It is unbelievable how fast things start to compound once your portfolio gets to a certain size (and the market continues to roll). My portfolio increase by over 33,000 month over month!
- First time receiving over $500 in tax free dividends in a month!
Passive Income Update For July 2021.
Diversified Royalty Income: $25.06 (dripped 9 shares)
Telus: $58.81 (dripped 2 shares)
Artis Reit: $41.75 (dripped 3 shares)
Plaza Reit: $32.29 (my last divy from PLAZA as I sold shortly after)
European Residential Reit: $7.89 (dripped 1 share)
Algonquin Power: $212.32 (dripped 11 shares)
Power Corp: $106.51 (dripped 2 shares)
RBNK: $25.41 (dripped 1 share)
Interrent Reit: $4.50
Nexus Reit: $14.83 (dripped 1 share)
Canadian NET Reit: $9.40
TFSA’s Total: $538.77
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $370.09 (dripped 10 shares)
GoEasy: $181.50 (dripped 1 share)
New Flyer: $59.93 (dripped 2 shares)
Transcontinental:$206.10 (dripped 8 shares)
Alimentation Couche Tard: $52.59 (dripped 1 share)
RRSP Total: $870.21
Total Passive Income July 2021: $1408.98
My portfolio (including cash position) increased another 6.51% in July to a new record high: $540,270.31. I am still sitting on about 20% cash in my RRSP – which I plan on being patient with and waiting to see what happens over the coming months.
Hope you had a great July. August should be fun, I celebrate my 38th birthday, and then next month my wife turns the big 40!
One thought on “July 2021 dividend update.”
Amazing stuff! The garden harvest looked good. Congrats on a solid month.