Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
Personal Highlights – February 2021
- I’m not gonna lie the last month or so has really been weighing on me. I haven’t been keeping up with the news, barely logging into twitter, and have had no motivation to write anything on here. This will be a quick to the point update…
- I had my first official even with the Winnipeg Whiskey Club at the end of February. It was a blast. I made it a goal to broaden my whiskey horizon and this definitely helped me do that! It was a peated scotch event. We had samples from six different peated scotches, including a couple heavy hitters. I ranked them in the following order:
1- Port Askaig 25 Year
2- Edradour/Ballechin Cuvee
3- Bruichladdich Octomore
4- Amrut Peated
5- Paul John Edited
6- Scotch Malt Whisky Society 16.41
- Things are slowly starting to open up here in Winnipeg. So far, I haven’t gone to any restaurants or anything, but I have had my brother and mother over for dinner/drinks. Looking forward to the vaccine rollout to start ramping up, and getting back to normal.
Financial Highlights for February:
- Completed & filed my tax return today. I was waiting on one last document which came today. I used Simpletax which I have become an absolute fan of, and highly recommend to everyone! We are getting a decent return, which will be used to pay for the yearly cabin taxes, yearly preschool cost and the rest will be dumped into the TFSA.
- Added to my position in Greenlane Renewables. Picked up an additional 852 shares at $2.17
- Still sitting on a bunch of cash in my RRSP (from the sale of my XAW shares). Waiting another couple months to see what happens before buying back in.
- Finally set up a direct investing RRSP account for my wife, so we can move over some old group RRSP to this account and have everything in one place.
- 2 of my holdings; Nexus Reit & Greenlane Renewables both graduated to the TSX (from the venture)!
- Got dividends from 7 companies and 1 fund.
- Lots of good news/results coming in lately. Artis, Western Forest, Chorus, Go Easy to name a few. Algonquin Power reports tomorrow as well.
- Portfolio reached an all time high (again). At this point it’s almost not worth mentioning. The market makes no sense.
Passive Income Update For February 2021.
Artis Reit: $32.45 (dripped 3 shares)
European Residential Reit: $7.76(dripped 1 share)
Plaza Reit: $31.40 (Dripped 8 Shares)
Diversified Royalty: $24.22 (dripped 10 new shares)
Interrent Reit: $4.50
Power Corp: $104.27 (dripped 3 shares)
Nexus Reit: $14.58 (dripped 1 New Shares)
TFSA’s Total: $219.18
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $364.29 (dripped 11.896 shares)
Total Passive Income February 2021: $583.47
My portfolio (including cash position) increased another 5.31% in February to a new record high: $457,763.30. I am currently sitting on about $140,000 in cash in my RRSP which as discussed earlier will be plunked back into XAW eventually.
Hope you had a great February.
5 thoughts on “February Update: Meh – No Motivation”
Good income and drips. Grats on the 2 stock moving from the venture exchange. Dunno much about Greenlane ( will look into them)
Cool about the scotch event. is it in person?
Springs here soon enough! It was pretty nice out today, but 2moro is crap again. arg!
keep it up
Nothing MEH about those dividends my friend. Keep on rocking.
Hang tight with the blues. The weather certainly hasn’t helped. The difference that being able to be outside and get fresh air made in March was unbelievable. I understand exactly where you are coming from!
Congrats on the great income month.