Dividend Income & Portfolio Update
Personal Highlights – October 2020
- Winnipeg is officially in Code Red when it comes to Covid – though not much has changed for us as we’ve pretty much been in isolation for months. We are both working from home, and aside from groceries, school and daycare, we aren’t really going anywhere.
- Everyone in our house had a bit of a cold, so we had to get Covid tested before we could send our daughter back to school. Happy to say the tests all came back negative. The test itself, while not fun, actually wasn’t as bad as I was expecting (based on what other people who had gotten it had said).
- Halloween was cold, windy and basically a no go in our city. We spent the night with the kids – took them to see a couple of grandmas and got some treats. My daughter really wanted to be Jojo Siwa and my son wanted to be a witch. I wish I could go back to the days before I knew who Jojo siwa was…lol
- Weekends have consisted of waking up early and making the kids breakfast and letting the wife sleep in…that way I don’t feel as guilty when I relax on the couch and watch some premier league soccer on Saturday/Sundays!
- Manitoba Liquor Mart held a lottery/draw for some fine & rare whiskeys. I am holding out hope to snag a bottle or two 🙂
- My daughter has become a lot more comfortable going to school (tho still super shy), so it has made the morning routine/drop off a lot easier.
- Tonight is election night in the USA…a few friends are planning on live streaming the results via a video chat and having some drinks. I have a pretty strong feeling the election wont be decided for some time yet and I think things are going to get pretty UGLY down south.
- I took the day off today and went out to the cabin to officially close it down for the year and bring back a few things for the winter. I brought back a few board games which I usually leave out there over the winter but I have a feeling this is going to be a LOOOONG winter – so some Settlers ofCatan might help.
- Finished off my bottle of High West American Prairie Bourbon & wrote up a review
Financial Highlights for OCTOBER:
- I didn’t make any stock purchases in October, however I continued adding to my TFSA (and spousal RRSP). I expect the market to dip again after the election/during the transition period, so if/when it does I’ll use that cash to add to some of my current positions. Currently thinking of adding to: Telus, Manulife, Interrent Reit.
- I was paid dividends from 11 companies, and 1 funds this month. I dripped a total of 70 new shares/units.
- Cracked $1000 in dividend income for the fifth time in 2020. In all of 2019 I only did this twice!
- November and December should be a bit slower on the dividend front, but January should be another big month as XAW will pay it’s semi annual distribution.
Passive Income Update For October 2020.
Telus: 52.43 (dripped 2 new shares)
Artis Reit: $36.32 (dripped 4 shares)
European Residential Reit: $7.74(dripped 1 share)
Plaza Reit: 30.66 (Dripped 8 Shares)
Diversified Royalty: $23.67 (dripped 13 new shares)
Algonquin Power: $197.26 (dripped 10 shares)
Interrent Reit: $4.29
Power Corp of Canada: 102.48 (dripped 4 shares)
TFSA’s Total: $454.85
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $359.04(dripped 13.869 shares)
Transcontinental: $199.35 (dripped 12 new shares)
NewFlyer: $58.65 (dripped 3 new shares)
GoEasy Financial: 123.75
Total Passive Income October 2020: $1195.64
My portfolio increased slightly by 0.81% in October to: $373,570.96 I know I say this every month, but I expect continued volatility as well as a bit of a crash around the election. That said, my plan hasn’t changed and I plan on holding if/when this does happen. I was actually shocked to see the market up today on election day.
Passive income in October was $1195.64. This was a huge increase from last year 41% YoY growth!
Since January 1st, I’ve earned $9504.06 in passive income. Assuming no dividend cuts or increases, my current Forward 12 month dividend income is $12,080.83. My goal for the year was finish 2020 with a forward dividend income of $12,000 – so assuming no more cuts, mission accomplished! It’s almost time to start making goals for next year, but a lot will depend on the Covid situation, work situation, and market situation after the election so I will hold off for now.
5 thoughts on “October Update: Halloween, Bourbon & Drippin’ STOCKS Like a Mofo”
A solid month. huge income and a bunch of drips.
Love that algonquin position.
Big fan of catan, although when we play these days I feel like I get teamed up on… arg!
haha keep it up.
Nicely done Jordan. Very solid month and a fantastic result. Love your big position in Algonquin Power. I’m bullish on that stock. 🙂
We had a record breaking month in October, so extremely pleased with our results.
We’re in the midst of the COVID 2nd wave and it will be a long winter. Do stay safe & healthy!
Jordan – Holy shit. You are making some moves my man Fantastic stuff. Love the Halloween pictures as well. Hopefully your kids had a blast and brought home a ton of candy!