Monthly Financial Update
Personal Highlights for November:
- My little miracle science test tube baby Holland turned FOUR years old! For those unaware, my wife and I struggled with fertility for years before finally succeeding with the help of IVF. I wrote a post about the whole process and our daughters birth last year on here birthday which you can read HERE
- We took my daughter to go see Frozen 2 on her Birthday(she made it through the whole movie this time), and then we watched the Winnipeg Blue Bombers win the Grey Cup!
- As usual, my sister in law made an amazing cake for the birthday party. This year the theme was FROZEN (of course):
- I hosted my first ever whisky tasting. I am not going to give too many details because I plan on writing a full post on the event, with some pictures, consensus favourite whiskys and more!
- As part of my daughters birthday, we got her a new bed and moved her into a new room. This started a chain reaction, and moved our youngest out of his crib into a bed as well. It’s crazy, but the kids are getting so big, so fast! Here is a recent pic of the two of them being goofy as usual:
- Financial Highlights for November:
- Continued bi-weekly deposits into Spousal RRSP, and TFSA.
- Took some profit on GoEasy stock and used proceeds to pick up more shares of Transcontinental.
- Purchased an additional 356 shares of Diversified Royalty Corporation.
- Paid dividends from 3 companies, and 1 funds. Dripped a total of 20 new shares/unites.
- November is one of my slowest months as far as dividends go, but it is always followed by a huge December, as a couple of funds pay their distributions.
- Portfolio hit a new all time high!
Passive Income Update For November 2019.
Diversified Royalty: $10.18
Artis Reit: $27.63 (dripped 2 shares)
Interrent Reit: $4.01
Plaza Reit: $28.72 (dripped 6 shares)
Chorus Aviation: $11.72 (dripped 1 share)
TFSA’s Total: $82.28
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $337.82 (dripped 11 new units)
Total Passive Income November 2019: $420.10
Total passive income in November was $420.10. Although this is one the lowest months this year, it is actually an increase of 28.7% from last year!
My portfolio currently sits at: $366,760.48. This is an all time high, and represents an increase of 20.8% Year over Year. The best part about that, is this year is the least amount of fresh capital I’ve put into my account in over 5 years. The growth is a combination of compound interest and a stock market that just keeps reaching new highs.
Stay tuned for a post on my first ever whisky tasting event. Cheers!