Monthly Dividend & Portfolio Update
Personal Highlights for May:
- Holland started playing soccer (if you can call it that). It’s been a pretty big gong show so far, but she is only 3, and most of the other kids are 5. Hoping next year is a bit more “soccer” and lot less “running off the field crying”. Here she is day 1 of soccer with her coach (me) giving her a pep talk:
- I finally made it out to my brothers farm (he recently purchased 160 acres of land – with the goal to one day retire/live off the land). I helped out with some gardening and got a wicked sunburn. You can check out his farm progress HERE
- Got a patio set and sandbox for the backyard, so we have been spending a LOT of time outside. We also opened up the cabin, and plan to spend a couple weekends out there soon too. Summer also means PIMMS! I had my first (of many) Pimms Cup’s last week. It’s honestly one of the most refreshing summer cocktails ever. You can see my recipe HERE
- Had a nice quiet mothers day. The wife and I have been big Game Of Thrones fans, so decided to get her with this t-shirt for Mothers Day
Financial Highlights for May:
- Continued bi weekly payments into spousal RRSP (30 units of US Equity Index Fund) and TFSA
- Got dividend Raises from Power Corp & Algonquin Power
- Diversified Royalty finally made another acquisition (Mr.Mike’s steakhouse)
- Paid dividends from 5 companies, and 1 fund. Dripped a total of 19 new shares.
- Was a very slow month for dividends, but June should be a nice one (close to $1000) with Power Corp, Western Forest, Intertape Polymer and XAW all paying.
Passive Income Update For May 2019.
Diversified Royalty: $9.84 (dripped 3 shares)
Artis Reit: $27.09 (dripped 2 shares)
Interrent Reit: $2.49
Plaza Reit: $27.88 (dripped 6 shares)
Chorus Aviation: $11.48 (dripped 1 share)
TFSA’s Total: $ 78.78
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $230.51 (dripped 7.615 new units)
Total Passive Income May 2019: $309.29
Portfolio dropped by about 3% and is back to where it was 2 months. I expect a lot of volatility until the Trump/China Fiasco is behind us. In the meantime, i’ll just keep plugging away.
Total passive income in May was $309.29. This is down slightly(9 dollars) from last May (due to Artis’ dividend cut).
My portfolio currently sits at: $328,552.00. This represents an increase of 6.39% YoY.
Thanks for reading, Cheers!