Holy smokes, what a crazy month! My son turned 2, I won a trip to St.Louis, I finally tried a glass of Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon and my website traffic blew up…more on all that later!
Personal Highlights for April:
- I won a trip to St.Louis from the Winnipeg Jets. The trip included airfare for 2, playoff tickets, hotel stay and $250 USD spending cash. I wrote a detailed post about my trip, the highlights, and more – which you can read HERE
- The post I wrote about St.Louis and my trip went semi viral in St.Louis. It was shared over 1600 times on Facebook, trending on Reddit, and there were even radio stations in St. Louis talking about the post. This resulted in my highest ever web traffic (BY FAR). With 1 day left in the month: Views = 49,264!!!
- I checked an item off my bucket list. While in St.Louis I was finally able to to try a pour of Pappy Van Winkle’s Bourbon. This stuff is so ridiculously rare, that it resells for THOUSANDS of dollars per bottle. The 1 ounce cost $75 USD…luckily my good friend who I took on the trip with me paid for it. It was real good, but I wouldn’t pay that much again. That said, if I can ever find it at MSRP (Around $150/bottle) I’d definitely buy it.
- Went to 4 of the 6 Jet’s playoff games, before they got eliminated. I decided to NOT renew my seats for next year. I’ve had a pair of season tickets for the last 8 years. I still plan on going to some games, I just won’t be committed to finding people to buy games I can’t make it to.
- We decided to Buzz Isaac’s hair, it grows so fast, and he hates going to get it cut professionally so we got his Aunt to do it (and he loved it). Here is a pic of the 2 rugrats at Easter showing off Isaac’s new hairdo:
- I was featured in a Winnipeg Free Press article (our biggest newspaper) about Millenials/Investing. You can read that HERE
- Bought my 3 year old daughter her first pair of Soccer Cleats, shinpads and socks. Her first soccer practice/game is this Thursday – and I will be helping coach!
- My Son turned 2, and we threw him a little Birthday party. As usual, my sister in law made the cake, and it was awesome:
Financial Highlights for April:
- Continued bi weekly payments into spousal RRSP (30 units of US Equity Index Fund)
- Got our tax refunds back. Should be getting my $1500 Winnipeg Jets seat deposit back soon too.
- Paid dividends from 7 companies, and 1 fund. Dripped a total of 30 new shares.
- Revived first dividend/drip from an individual stock in RRSP (Transcontinental)
- Portfolio hit an all time high
Passive Income Update For April 2019.
Diversified Royalty: $9.79 (dripped 3 shares)
Algonquin Power: $154.99 (dripped 10 shares)
Artis Reit: $27.00 (dripped 2 shares)
Interrent Reit: $2.49
Plaza Reit: $27.74 (dripped 6 shares)
Chorus Aviation: $11.44 (dripped 1 share)
TFSA’s Total: $ 233.45
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $229.74 (dripped 7.5 new units)
Transcontinental: $27.50 (dripped 1 share)
Total Passive Income April 2019: $490.69
Another decent month overall. My portfolio hit an all time high as it went up 3.15% from last month’s previous high.
Total passive income in April was $490.69. This is down slightly from last April (due to Artis dividend cut).
My portfolio currently sits at: $338,993.39. This represents an increase of 11.45% YoY.
Thanks for reading, Cheers!