Monthly Dividend Update
Let’s get right to it. I’m a little late with this post, our entire house (except for the wife) has been sick for the last week.
Personal Highlights for February:
- Attended a fine and rare bourbon tasting, and also a bourbon lottery this month. I was able to snag a bottle of Weller C.Y.P.B. This was one of my favourites that I had tried at the tasting.
- Aside from being sick – the kids have been doing great. Isaac is saying a lot more words (when Holland lets him speak).
- Attended a couple of Jets games with some friends I hadn’t seen in quite some time.
- Finally got all my receipts so I can do my taxes this week.
- Took the wife to see Justin Timberlake when he was in town. She loved it.
- Amber and I finished watching the Wire – and now I have her watching DeadWood. (2 of my all time favorite shows). I figure it’s time she watched them.
Financial Highlights for February:
- Continued bi weekly payments into spousal RRSP (30 units of US Equity Index Fund)
- I was paid by 5 companies and 1 funds. I Dripped 19 new shares/units.
- Portfolio hit an all time high
- Opened a position in Transcontinental (which has since increased their dividend)
- Increased position in Western Forest
Passive Income Update For February 2019.
Diversified Royalty: $9.68 (dripped 3 shares)
Artis Reit: $28.62 (dripped 2 shares)
Interrent Reit: $2.49
Plaza Reit: $27.46 (dripped 6 shares)
Chorus Aviation: $11.36 (dripped 1 share)
TFSA’s Total: $79.61
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $228.17 (dripped 7.76 new units)
Total Passive Income Feb 2019: $307.78
This month had some good news and some bad news.
The bad news: My dividend income was the lowest amount since November 2017. Dividends actually decreased by $4.66 compared to last February. This is the first time I’ve seen a dip in dividends year over year. This is due to Artis slashing their dividend in half.
The good news: My portfolio hit an all time high. After recovering by 6.58% in January, my portfolio jumped up another 5.17% in February which pushed it to a new record high of: $324,377.53
Next months income should be a lot better, as Power Corp, Intertape Polymer & Western Forest all pay their dividends in March – along with all the regular monthly payers.
Thanks for reading, Cheers!