Monthly Dividend Update
November is usually one of my slowest months as far as dividend income goes – and this year was no exception. The only month that generated less was February. Luckily I am expecting a big December, since I have 2 funds that pay out their annual distributions (XAW & RBC US Equity Income).
Although the month was pretty quiet on the passive income side of things, on the personal side things were pretty busy. Our daughter Holland turned 3, and in case you missed it I wrote a little story about her, – which turned out being one of my highest read posts ever. You can read it HERE
My portfolio is still down from it’s high in July, but did jump back up almost 3% last month.
Personal Highlights for November:
- Went to a limited release for a few bourbons at the liquor store. I was 14th in line, and was able to snag a few bottles I really wanted. I was able to pick up 3 bottles of Weller 12 year, 2 bottles of E.H Taylor Single Barrel & 2 bottles of Stagg Jr:
- Had about 25 people over for Holland’s 3rd birthday party. As usual “Aunty Lora” outdid herself and made an amazing cake. Holland said she wanted a Minnie Mouse cake.
- Chatted with 2 longtime friends who were looking for some help/advice with their investments. One of my friends brought over his statements, and his advisor is charging him 2.96% MER on a fund that has returned him an average of 4.1% since he has been investing. I’ve got the wheels in motion for him to set up a direct investing account and recommended a few good ETF’s.
- Finally getting over a cold that has been lingering for the last couple of weeks – only to wake up to a kid and a wife with the flu this morning 😦
- My mom officially put in her papers for retirement (last working day is Dec.31) so I’ve been helping her crunch the numbers, and made a budget for her.
Financial Highlights for November:
- Continued bi weekly payments into spousal RRSP (46 units of US Equity Index Fund)
- Dripped 23 new shares/units. I was paid from 5 companies and 1 fund.
- Artis Reit cut it’s dividend in half, and has since seen it’s price tank to under 10.00. Although the cut was disappointing, I am going to continue to hold. You can read why HERE
Passive Income Update For November 2018.
Diversified Royalty: $9.51 (dripped 3 shares)
Artis Reit: $52.83 (dripped 5 shares)
Interrent Reit: $2.32
Plaza Reit: $27.04 (dripped 6 shares)
Chorus Aviation: $11.20 (dripped 1 share)
TFSA’s Total: $102.90
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $223.42 (dripped 8 shares)
Total Passive Income November 2018: $326.32
My portfolio jumped back up 2.51% in November. While it is still down about $20,000 from it’s high, it was nice to see things moving in the right direction again.
My portfolio currently sits at $303,462.30.
Dividends grew by $23.47 compared to last November. This represents an 7.7% increase.
Current Watch List:
Andrew Peller: ADW
Exco Technologies: XTC
InterRent Reit: IIP
Thanks for reading, and good luck in December!