Dividend & Family Update
The year is almost over, and things are moving too fast!
Personal Highlights for September:
- For those that missed my last post, I am slowly recovering from a torn labrum in my shoulder. I’ve been in a sling the last 2 weeks, and have a meeting with a specialist in 2 weeks to determine next steps.
- Just got back from England for a work trip. Still getting caught up. It was a good trip, didn’t get to do much touristy things, as I was only there 3 nights, and had 15 meetings booked. It was a lot harder than normal as well, since I am currently down to 1 usable arm.
- Had our hockey pool draft last night. Feeling okay about my team. Very glad hockey is back this week! The Jets start the season in 3 days!
Financial Highlights for September:
- Continued bi weekly payments into RRSPs & Spousal RSP.
- Pretty slow month as far as dividends go – BUT the spousal RRSP that I set up in June last year for Amber cracked $10,000!
- Even with no new stock purchases, dripped 28 new shares/units. I was paid from 10 companies and 1 fund
- With 3 months to go, I am averaging $475 per month in dividends in 2018, which is $130 more per month in dividends compared to 2017.
Passive Income Update For September 2018.
Diversified Royalty: $9.40 (dripped 3 shares)
Western Forest: $11.90 (dripped 5 shares)
Artis Reit: $52.11 (dripped 4 shares)
Interrent Reit: $2.32
Plaza Reit: $26.76 (dripped 6 shares)
Power Corp: $77.93 (dripped 2 shares)
Canadian Western Bank: $0.26
Chorus Aviation: $11.12 (dripped 1 share)
Alimentation Couche-Tard: $12.50
Intertape Polymer Group: $50.07
TFSA’s Total: $254.37
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $221.86 (dripped 7 shares)
Total Passive Income August 2018: $476.23
My portfolio dropped slightly this month, but nothing too concerning.. As of this moment the early retirement fund currently sits at $318,830.80!
My portfolio increased by $59,237.40 year over year(22.8%).
Dividends grew by a whopping $181.04 vs last September (61%). I am currently averaging $131 more per month in 2018 vs 2017.
Current Watch List:
Andrew Peller: ADW
Exco Technologies: XTC
InterRent Reit: IIP
Thanks for reading, and good luck in September!