Goodbye August – Hello September!
Personal Highlights for August:
- I turned 35 years old on the 24th. This was probably the worst birthday of my life- I was home sick, didn’t do anything, and in bed with NyQuil by 9 PM.
- We accepted an offer on the cabin – only to find out the financing fell through, so back to square one 😦
- Due to a 2 week cold, didn’t get much new content up on the website, but still had 3rd highest traffic ever!
- English Premier league soccer has started up again, so my Saturday/Sunday Mornings are booked up again. Also got my Jets season tickets in the mail…I can’t believe hockey season is almost here already.
- Took the kids to my favorite sports bar/diner for the first time:
- The mall near our house was allowing kids to come and paint a tile, which will be hung up and displayed as part of a new mosaic wall in the mall, so we took the kids to each paint a tile, and of course had to stop at the food court after and get donuts:)
Financial Highlights for August:
- Continued bi weekly payments into RRSPs & Spousal RSP.
- Pretty slow month as far as dividends go – BUT the spousal RRSP that I set up in June last year for Amber cracked $10,000!
- Even with no new stock purchases, dripped 21 new shares/units. I was paid from 6 companies and 1 funds
- Portfolio hit an all time high this month
Passive Income Update For August 2018.
Diversified Royalty: $9.34 (dripped 3 shares)
Artis Reit: $51.75 (dripped 4 shares)
Interrent Reit: $2.32
Plaza Reit: $26.62 (dripped 6 shares)
Chorus Aviation: $11.08 (dripped 1 share)
Alimentation Couch Tard: $12.50
TFSA’s Total: $113.61
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $221.12 (dripped 7.3 shares)
Total Passive Income August 2018: $334.73
For the 4th straight month, my portfolio hit an all time high. As of this moment the early retirement fund currently sits at $321,126.22!
My portfolio increased by $68,100.55 year over year(26.9%).
Dividends grew by a whopping $30.68 vs last August (10.09%).
Current Watch List:
Andrew Peller: ADW
Exco Technologies: XTC
InterRent Reit: IIP
Thanks for reading, and good luck in September!