I just realised this is my first post in a month. I’ve been pretty sick for going on 2 weeks now, and my head is just finally starting to become a bit more clear. Now on to the news…
We have officially accepted an offer on our cottage (pending financing gets approved). This is of course a little bittersweet, as we truly love going out there, and have enjoyed it tremendously over the past 6+ years. That said, we bought the place before we had kids, and the size/layout just aren’t ideal anymore with two little ones running around all over the place.
We still aren’t sure if/when we will get another place – but I’d be lying if I wasn’t a little excited to get some fresh capital to inject into the markets. Last month I did a summer stock screen (I’ll do one more this month, and then really dig into a few of the companies). In case you missed the last screen, the companies at the top of the list were:
- Exco Technologies
- Equitable Group INC
- Canadian Tire Corp
- Richelieu Hardware Ltd
- CCL Industries
- Andrew Peller Ltd
- CAE Inc
- Enghouse Systems Limited
- Canadian Western Bank
- Methanex Corp
- Alimentation Couche Tard
- TD Bank
Exco is already up 12% since I wrote the last article:(
Aside from pumping a little more into the TFSA(s), we are looking forward to using some of the proceeds to do some minor renovations at home, put a little bit more into the kids education fund and perhaps get a weekend away somewhere.
So long cabin life….until we meet again.
Here are just a few of my favourite pics from the last couple years out there…
I’ll be back next week with my August update! Have a great long weekend!
Summer is half over, and it’s been a busy one for us….
Personal Highlights for July:
- The kids have had a busy summer. The new daycare is going great, they’ve had multiple outings to the zoo, strawberry picking, the beach and ice cream.
- Cabin is listed for sale. Looking forward to using some of the proceeds to top up TFSA’s and the rest doing some renovations around the house.
- July was the 2nd highest traffic to the website ever
- The World Cup was great, watched a lot of soccer, saw some great games, and now we can focus on Holland & Canada qualifying for the next one!
- Harvested some of the garden. So far we’ve been able to use cucumbers, beets & dill. The peas, beans and zucchini look like they are just about ready too!
- Hosted a birthday party for the in-laws. We had about 40 people over for a barbeque & drinks. It was the hottest day in 80 years, but a great time was had by all.
- Isaac got his 2nd haircut. See the before & after below:
Financial Highlights for July:
- Continued bi weekly payments into RRSPs & Spousal RSP.
- Algonquin Power & Power Corp increased dividends this year, resulting in a big boost, and more drips!
- Even with no new stock purchases, dripped 33 new shares/units. I was paid from 7 companies and 1 funds in July
- Cracked $500 in passive income for 3rd time in 2018.
Passive Income Update For July 2018.
Diversified Royalty: $9.29 (dripped 3 shares)
Artis Reit: $51.48 (dripped 3 shares)
Algonquin Power: $147.02 (dripped 12 new shares)
Interrent Reit: $2.32
Plaza Reit: $26.48 (dripped 6 shares)
Power Corp: $77.16 (dripped 2 new shares)
Chorus Aviation: $11.04 (dripped 1 share)
TFSA’s Total: $324.79
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $220.39 (dripped 7.2 shares)
Total Passive Income July 2018: $545.18
For the third straight month, my portfolio hit an all time high. As of this moment the early retirement fund currently sits at $317,363.86!
My portfolio increased by $47,104.44 year over year(17.43%).
Dividends grew by a whopping $115.07 vs last July (26.7%).
Current Watch List:
Andrew Peller: ADW
Exco Technologies: XTC
InterRent Reit: IIP
Thanks for reading, and good luck in August!