Hey Everyone, the year is officially half over! I hope you are enjoying your summer. Let’s take a look at how my June was.
Personal Highlights for June:
- We got the kids into a new daycare, which is 2 minutes from our house, on the way to and from work – with an awesome girl! We are absolutely thrilled with how well it is going, she even sends us pictures, and text updates throughout the day – and the kids love it.
- Had the cabin eaves troughs replaced and they look great. We also had a few thunderstorms last week so we got them done just in time.
- Continued the “Better Know A Blogger” series on the blog and had my 2nd highest ever visitor traffic to the site
- The World cup has started, and has been unbelievable so far (even though my team isn’t in it). I have never seen so many upsets in my life.
- Spent the Canada Day weekend out at the lake, and everyone had a great time(Dad & Mom spending some time with the little man at the beach)
We also started our vegetable garden in the city. My brother in law was nice enough to build us three 5 x 5 raised beds for our back yard. When we got back from the cabin on Monday we noticed a lot coming up already:
Financial Highlights for June:
- XAW paid out it’s semi annual dividend of $0.242 per unit
- Continued bi weekly payments into RRSPs & Spousal RSP.
- Had my highest ever passive income month
- Even with no new stock purchases, dripped 46 new shares/units. I was paid from 8 companies and 2 funds in June
- Amber finally enrolled in her Work RRSP program, which after 1 year will match her contributions up to 3%
- Came OH SO CLOSE to cracking $1000 in passive income this month.
Passive Income Update For June 2018.
Diversified Royalty: $9.25 (dripped 2 shares)
Western Forest: $11.81 (dripped 4 shares)
Artis Reit: $51.21 (dripped 3 shares)
Interrent Reit: $2.32
Plaza Reit: $26.34 (dripped 6 shares)
Chorus Aviation: $11.00 (dripped 1 share)
Intertape Polymer: $50.34
Canadian Western Bank: $0.25
TFSA’s Total: $162.52
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $219.64 (dripped 7.3 shares)
XAW Ishares Core ETF: $590.00 (dripped 23 shares)
Total Passive Income June 2018: $972.17
For the second straight month, my portfolio hit an all time high. As of this moment the early retirement fund currently sits at $312,171.61!
My portfolio increased by $43,266.20 year over year(16%).
Dividends grew by a whopping $666.02 vs last June(217%).
Current Watch List:
Andrew Peller: ADW
InterRent Reit: IIP
Northview Apartment Reit: NVU
Caledonia Mining: CAL
Last Friday night, I was sitting on the pier with my Dad at the lake, taking in the beauty of the full moon over Lake Winnipeg. I wish I was a better photographer, but you get the idea 🙂
Thanks for reading, and good luck in July!