Personal Highlights for May:
- The Winnipeg Jets had a great run, but unfortunately it came to an end a little early. The only positive I can take from them not making the final, is it will probably end up saving me about $2000 in tickets/beer.
- I sprained by back about 2 weeks ago, and have basically been hobbling around for half the month. I went to the doctor yesterday, and am currently on 3 different prescriptions…and will get an xray next week if it’s not better…fun times.
- Got a speeding ticket – which cost me $220. It was after a massage, on the way to pick up the kids from daycare – on a route I NEVER take, but used my GPS to figure out the best way to get there – and of course, there was a school zone which I must have missed (as I was rushing to get the kids).
- The last couple of weeks have been pretty rough at home. Aside from me throwing out my back, Amber & Holland have been sick and Isaac has a crazy diaper rash…not fun to say the least. Finally after 2 weeks, things seem to be getting better on all fronts (except my back).
- Got a quote and hired a guy to replace the eaves-troughs at the cabin ($700)
- Started a new feature on the blog – called “Better know a blogger” where I interview some of my favorite financial bloggers. You can view all of the interviews on my blogroll page.
- Had the highest ever traffic to the blog this month. A lot of traffic came from myownadvisor.ca who featured a link to my bar 🙂
- Had my first decent yard sale find of the season ($5.00) see below:
Financial Highlights for May:
- Amber got her first 2 pay cheques since going back to work 🙂
- Continued bi weekly payments into RRSPs & Spousal RSP.
- Received 3 dividend increases (Algonquin Power, Power Corp & Western Forest)
- Pretty slow month as far as dividends/distributions go, but expecting a big boost next month when XAW pays it’s semi annual distribution.
- Even with no new stock purchases, dripped 19 new shares/units. I was paid from 5 companies and 1 fund in May.
- With the added DRIP’s my forward annual income cracked $6,000.00
Passive Income Update For May 2018.
Diversified Royalty: $9.21 (dripped 2 shares)
Artis Reit: $50.94 (dripped 3 shares)
Interrent Reit: $2.32
Plaza Reit: $26.20 (dripped 6 shares)
Chorus Aviation: $10.96 (dripped 1 share)
TFSA’s Total: $99.63
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $218.89 (dripped 7.4 shares)
Total Passive Income May 2018: $318.52
My portfolio hit an all time high this month, as it currently sits at $308,820.03! My portfolio increased by 1.54% month over month. Dividends grew by a whopping $1.61 vs last May(0.5%).
Current Watch List:
Andrew Peller: ADW
Nexus Reit NXR.UN
InterRent Reit: IIP
Northview Apartment Reit: NVU
Caledonia Mining: CAL
Added a new name to my watchlist this month (Nexus Reit). I previously owned Edgefront Reit which was merged to create Nexus. I am still very interested in adding to my position in IIP as well.
Make sure to check back this week as I will be adding more interviews with some of my favourite financial bloggers.
Thanks for reading, and good luck in June!