Happy Easter! Another month has come and gone – which means time for the monthly update post!
Personal Highlights for March:
- Finished reading “Warren Buffet & the Interpretation of Financial Statements”. To be honest It was a terrible book. I have since started a new book “Astrophysics for people in a hurry” by Neil Degrasse Tyson.
- March was a busy month, so I wasn’t able to post much, (just 4 new posts) however I did write my longest/most in depth post as I did a Deep dive into my portfolio. You can read it HERE in case you missed it.
- The Winnipeg Jets clinched a playoff spot, which is awesome, although it means it’s going to be an expensive few months.
- Finished binge watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix & American Vandal. Both were great.
- Our home day care that was set to take both kids starting May 1st called us to inform us they are closing and won’t be able to take our kids. Now we have 1 month to find a new day care:(
- Amber officially accepted a job offer – and will go back to work May 1st.
- Had our first Easter Egg hunt with the kids – and it was awesome.
- Even with just 4 posts this month, had my second highest all time visitor count in March!
Financial Highlights for February:
- Handed all of our tax info to our “tax guy”. Hopefully get our refund in April.
- I updated my portfolio page to make my holdings a little easier to read.
- Continued bi weekly payments into RRSPs & Spousal RSP.
- Was a slow month. Aside from regular bi weekly contributions, no purchases were made.
- Received my first dividends from 2 new holdings I purchased this year. Power Corp & Western Forest.
- Even with no new stock purchases, dripped 24 new shares/units. I was paid from 7 companies and 1 fund in March.
Passive Income Update For March 2018.
Chorus Aviation: $10.88 (dripped 1 share)
Intertape Polymer: $50.40
Diversified Royalty: $9.14 (dripped 2 shares)
Artis Reit: $50.40 (dripped 3 shares)
Western Forest: $10.44 (dripped 3 shares)
Plaza Reit: $25.89 (dripped 6 shares)
Power Corp: $71.70 (dripped 2 shares)
TFSA’s Total: $228.85
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $217.63 (dripped 7 shares)
Total Passive Income March 2018: $446.48
My portfolio decreased by 1.45% month over month. This marks the first time my portfolio has decreased in consecutive months since I’ve been tracking it. This is also the first time my portfolio has dipped below $300,000 in 5 months. The early retirement portfolio now sits at $298,737.67.
Dividends grew by $147.00 vs last March(Increase of 49%).
It was nice to see a couple new dividends in March, and I am looking forward to June which will be my first distribution from XAW.
Current Watch List:
Andrew Peller: ADW
InterRent Reit: IIP
Northview Apartment Reit: NVU
Caledonia Mining: CAL
My Watchlist hasn’t changed from last month, but I am interested in adding to my position in Western Forest.
That’s it! Hope everyone else had a great March!