Another month has come and gone – which means time for the monthly update post!
Personal Highlights for February:
- Finished reading “Predictably Irrational” by Dan Ariely. Was a pretty interesting read – and reminded me of one of my favourite books “Thinking fast & slow”. Currently looking for book recommendations on what to start next. In the mean time I am flipping through “Warren Buffet & the Interpretation of Financial Statements” which I had read a long time ago.
- I was able to write 5 new blog posts in February.
- I reserved my Winnipeg Jet Playoff tickets. These tickets will end up costing me between $300-$3500 depending how far they go which makes me both happy and frustrated at the same time..hah
- Started watching “Peaky Blinders” on Netflix. So far so I like it.
- Found a home day care for BOTH kids – which will be able to take them by May 1st so Amber can go back to work once her maternity leave ends….and the best part – it’s 5 minutes from my house!
- Last month I had over 1000 visitors to the blog (which was a new record). This month I smashed that record:
- I had over 1300 visitors this month! Thanks for stopping by and reading/leaving comments.
Financial Highlights for February:
- February was the first full month since I transferred all my RBC Mutual funds into my Direct Investing account.
- I updated my portfolio page to make my holdings a little easier to read.
- Started preparing my taxes.
- Continued bi weekly payments into RRSPs & Spousal RSP.
- Made $1250 from selling some memorabilia that was just sitting in my closet. You can read more about that here
- Made 2 new stock purchases in my TFSA. Added to my position in Algonquin Power & opened a position in Interrent REIT. You can read about my most recent purchase HERE
- My overall portfolio value went down for the first time in 6 months due to the volatility in the market, however as things leveled out it finished the month down just -1.07%.
Passive Income Update For February 2018.
Diversified Royalty: $9.10 (Dripped 2 new shares)
Artis Reit: $50.13! First time breaking $50 (Dripped 3 shares)
Plaza Reit: $25.75 (Dripped 6 shares)
Chorus Aviation: $10.84 (Dripped 1 share)
TFSA’s Total: $95.82
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $242.88
Total Passive Income January 2018: $338.70
My portfolio decreased by 1.07% month over month. This is first time my portfolio has decreased in 6 months. The early retirement portfolio now sits at $303,31.11.
Dividends grew by $48.67 vs last February(year over year growth of 16%).
Although February wasn’t a great month for dividend income, I expect to see huge improvements vs last year( mostly due to my funds being switched to direct investing).
Current Watch List:
Andrew Peller: ADW
InterRent Reit: IIP
Northview Apartment Reit: NVU
Caledonia Mining: CAL
My Watchlist hasn’t changed from last month, but I did initiate a position in InterRent Reit.
That’s it! Hope everyone else had a great February – and if you have any book recommendations let me know!!