Happy Halloween. Here is my quick update for October.
Personal Highlights for October:
- With the delivery of our kitchen table & chairs, we now have all of our furniture in the new house. I still need to buy an area rug, coffee table and some curtains, but we are almost 100% settled in.
- Closed up the cabin for the winter.
- Kids Update:
Holland had her annual heart appointment. She was born with a small hole in her heart which caused a heart murmur. The doctors told us we would need to take her once a year to get it checked out for the next 8-10 years, however at this appointment they said it seems to be getting better (closing on its own) so we don’t need to go back for 3 years now:)
Isaac turned 6 months this week. He is a little tank, I swear he is almost as heavy as his big sister already(See below)
- Closed my line of credit. Officially debt free (not including mortgage)
- Put $15,000 into Amber’s TFSA and bought her first 3 stocks (CHR, ATD, ITP)
- Continued bi weekly payments into RRSPs & Spousal RSP.
- Closed my position in OneReit as my remaining shares were bought back by the company.
- Cashed in some of my credit card reward points for a $600 voucher to my RRSP. Once I get the voucher I will deposit this into Ambers Spousal RRSP.
- Amber’s TFSA/RRSP are now over $18,000. (They didn’t exist 5 months ago)
Now on to the fun stuff.
Passive Income Update For July 2017.
Diversified Royalty: $8.94 (Dripped 3 new shares)
Artis Reit: $49.05 (Dripped 3 new shares)
OneReit: $17.10 (Got paid out)
Plaza Reit: $24.39 (Dripped 5 new shares)
Algonquin Power: $102.05 (Dripped 8 new shares)
Caledonia Mining: $19.35 (Unfortunately RBC doesn’t allow this company to drip)
TFSA Total: $227.55
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $206.50
Total Passive Income July 2017: $434.05
With the contributions to Amber’s TFSA, my continued bi weekly contributions and this seemingly never-ending bull market our portfolio hit an all time high: $286,105.62
It’s going to be tough, but I am still hoping to hit 300k by December 31st. I am hopeful my Global Equity fund will pay out a nice distribution in December which should help. This was also the 4th month of 2017 with over $400 of passive income.