My update is a few days late because I was out at the cabin celebrating Canada’s bday over the long weekend.
Personal Highlights for June:
- Spent a couple weekends out at the cabin – including celebrating the Canada Day weekend and taking the kids to their first parade (picture above)
- Although the progress has been slower than we would have hoped, we are continuing the de-cluttering of the house in the hopes to have it ready to sell in the next few weeks.
- Tracked my spending and realized I was spending WAY too much money – so challenging myself to be extra frugal this month.
- Finished reading “But what if we’re wrong” by Chuck Closterman
- Paid down 5% of line of credit debt
- Made first 3 contributions to Amber’s Spousal RRSP.
- Although no stock purchases will be made until L.O.C is paid off – I’ve continued my regular bi-weekly fund purchases and saw a few shares DRIP (more on that below)
Now on to the fun stuff.
Passive Income Update For June 2017.
Diversified Royalty: $8.71 (Dripped 3 new shares)
Artis Reit: $47.97 (Dripped 3 new shares)
OneReit: $18.13 (Dripped 5 new shares)
Plaza Reit: $23.94 (Dripped 5 new shares)
Canadian Western Bank: $0.23 (Even though I sold my position in CWB – I dripped 1 share previously and still own it.)
TFSA Total: $105.98
Canadian Equity Income Distribution: $200.16 (Finally cracked $200)
Total Passive Income June 2017: $306.14
My portfolio saw a decrease in value for the second straight month. Total value dropped to $268,905.41 This represents a month over month decrease of -1.31%. I’ve been expecting a pull back for quite some time and wouldn’t be surprised to continue to see them drop for the next few months (hopefully presenting some good buying opportunities).
How was YOUR June?
One thought on “June 2017 Update & Happy Bday Canada!”
Passive income is awesome keep it up looking forwards to seeing your progress